Photograph of Colorado Mountain Range
OHV Storm_King Roan Drill_Rig Kayak
BLM>Colorado>Field Offices>Colorado River Valley Field Office>Recreation>Special Recreation Permits
Print Page
Colorado River Valley Field Office Special Recreation Permits

Special Recreation Permits (SRPs) are required for a variety of recreation activities on BLM lands. They are used to ensure public health and safety, protect natural and recreational resources, and ensure the public receives a fair monetary return for certain recreation uses of BLM public lands. SRPs are required for commercial activities, competitive events, certain organized group activities and in some designated special areas.

Read the full information on Special Recreation Permits.

Read the full Special Recreation Permit Handbook. 

 Current Special Recreation Permits

The Colorado River Valley Field Office administers several SRPs. Below is a list of current permitted outfitters/guides in the Colorado River Valley Field Office.

Hunting Outfitters/Guides

River Outfitters/Guides

Summer Use Permits

If you see a commercial/organized group on BLM land in the Colorado River Valley Field Office area and do not see their company/group listed above, please contact the Colorado River Valley Field Office at 970-876-9080.  

 How to Apply, Transfer or Renew Your Permit

How to apply for a new permit or change your existing permit.

How to transfer an existing permit.

Permit Renewal and Annual Operating Authorization Requirements.


 Special Recreation Permit Forms

Application (new and altered permit), and permit renewal forms:

Post Use (after operating season) forms:

  • Eagle River Trip Log (Edwards to the Colorado River confluence) excel  pdf
  • Lower Colorado River Trip Log (includes Horseshoe Bend and South Canyon) excel  pdf
  • Roaring Fork River Trip Log (includes Wingo Junction)  excel  pdf
  • Upper Colorado River Trip Log (State Bridge to Bair Ranch)  excel  pdf
  • All Year Upland (non-river) Trip Log  excel  pdf
  • Fall Upland (non-river) Trip Log (includes Big Game Hunting)  excel  pdf
  • Winter Upland (non-river) Trip Log (includes Mountain Lion Hunting)  excel  pdf
  • Competitive Event Trip Log  excel  pdf

All forms and requirements must be sent to:

Bureau of Land Management
Colorado River Valley Field Office
Attn:  Recreation Permit Administrator
2300 River Frontage Road
Silt, Colorado 81652

Colorado River Valley Field Office Home Page