U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIORBUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT
|Standards of Conduct|
• Public service is a public trust, requiring you to place loyalty to the Constitution, the laws, and ethical principles above private gain.
• You shall not hold financial interests that conflict with the conscientious performance of duty.
• You shall not engage in financial transactions using nonpublic Government information or allow the improper use of such information to further any private interest.
• You shall not, except pursuant to exceptions provided by regulation, solicit or accept any gift or other item of monetary value from any person or entity seeking official action from, doing business with, or conducting activities regulated by your agency, or whose interests may be substantially affected by the performance or nonperformance of your duties.
• You shall make no unauthorized commitments or promises of any kind purporting to bind the Government.
• You shall put forth honest effort in the performance of your duties.
• You shall not engage in outside employment or activities, including seeking or negotiating for employment, that conflict with your official Government duties and responsibilities.
• You shall disclose waste, fraud, abuse, and corruption to appropriate authorities.
• You shall satisfy in good faith your obligations as citizens, including all just financial obligations, especially those -- such as Federal, State, or local taxes -- that are imposed by law.
• You shall adhere to all laws and regulations that provide equal opportunity for all Americans regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
• You shall endeavor to avoid any actions creating the appearance that you are violating the law, the Government wide ethics regulations or these ethical standards.