Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System (CACA-48668)
- The Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System (ISEGS) project, proposed by BrightSource Energy of Oakland, is located 4.5 miles southwest of Primm, Nevada in San Bernardino, County, California.
- The project will use "power tower" concentrating solar technology and will generate a total of 370 megawatts.
- The project will generate enough green energy to power between 111,000 and 277,500 homes.
- The project's total footprint covers about 3,471 acres of BLM public land.
- The project will incorporate three 459-foot tall power towers and 173,500 heliostats (each holding two flat mirrors).
- ISEGS will deliver power via three separate 115-kV transmission generation tie lines to a new substation that would be owned and operated by Southern California Edison.
- The project is expected to generate 1,000 jobs during the construction phase and 86 jobs during the operations phase.
- Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar approved the ISEGS project on October 7, 2010.
Department of the Interior Fact Sheet
Artist's rendering of Ivanpah solar project
For information about this project contact:
Bureau of Land Management
Needles Field Office
1303 S Highway 95
Needles, CA 92363
Phone: (760) 326-7000
Fax: (760) 326-7099
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., M-F
Contact us by Email