Interim Management Rules
Welcome to Your Public Lands. Please observe the following rules* for your safety and to protect natural resources.
- Public lands open for public use and enjoyment are adjacent to private property. Please observe posted closures.
- Public Lands are open for day-use only, from one-half hour before sunrise to a half-hour after sunset. Camping is not allowed. Permission from the BLM is required for use or leaving personal property in the area during closed hours.
- Beach access is permitted only at the designated access trails marked by signs. These locations are mile marker 1.4 and 2.3 from the intersection of State Highway 1 and Lighthouse Road.
- Open fires and firewood cutting or collecting are prohibited.
- Use of motorized vehicles is prohibited.
- Dogs must be on a leash no longer than six feet or otherwise physically restricted at all times.
- Use of weapons, including firearms, pellet guns, archery or paintball devices is prohibited. Hunting is not permitted.
- Climbing on rocks, cliffs and in or around sink holes is not allowed.
- Hang gliding or paragliding is prohibited.
- Motorized water craft are prohibited on the Garcia River by state statute. Any watercraft use that damages plants or other resources is prohibited.
- Fireworks are prohibited by federal regulation.
- Feeding or harassing wildlife is prohibited.
- Physical removal of any natural or cultural resources, including artifacts, vegetation, animals, driftwood, or shells is prohibited.
For more information, please contact:
Bureau of Land Management
Ukiah Field Office
*(Authority for rules is Code of Federal Regulations (43 CFR 8364)