U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIORBUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT
Coopersmith Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) Route Restoration Environmental Assessment
The Bureau of Land Management, Surprise Field Office has recently completed an environmental document (DOI-BLM-CA-N070-2014-0014) for unauthorized OHV route restoration efforts within the resource area.
In the final decision, routes 1,2,4 and 5 would be restored and barricaded as proposed in the EA. Route 3 would only be partially restored due to public concerns brought up during the comment period (see chapter 6 in the final EA) The main section (0.25 miles) of route 3 would remain open while 0.10 miles of the route would be restored. All of these routes are located off of Bare Creek Road in Townships 37N and 38N, Ranges 17E. The proposed project would restore 1.90 miles, 4.63 acres of unauthorized OHV routes.
This decision is effective immediately.
The Project consists of five unauthorized routes.
1. 800 linear foot OHV trail that leads from a dispersed campground to a drainage overlook.
2. 305 linear foot OHV trail that connects two dispersed camp sites.
3. 0.10 mile OHV duplicate route. 0.25 miles would remain open.
4. 1.25 mile OHV routes leading to rock collection and firewood cutting sites
5. 0.35 mile OHV routes leading to rock collection and firewood cutting sites
Total 10,081 linear feet or 1.90 miles, 4.63 acres