U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIORBUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT
|Needles Field Office|
Land Use Planning
California Desert Conservation Area (CDCA Plan)
The Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976 specifies several key directions for the Bureau, notably that:
- goals and objectives be established as guidelines for public land use planning, and that management be on the basis of multiple use and sustained yield unless otherwise specified by law;
- and that the public lands be managed in a manner that will protect the quaility of scientific, science, historical, ecological, environmental, air and atmospheric, water resource, and archaeological values;
- that, where appropriate, will preserve and protect certain public lands in their natural condition;
- that will provide food and habitat for fish and wildlife and domestic animals;
- and that will provide for outdoor recreation and human occupancy and use.
For questions concerning land use planning please contact Planning and Environmental Coordinator, George R. Meckfessel at (760)326-7008.