Land Use Planning
The Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976 specifies several key directions for the Bureau, notably that:
- goals and objectives be established as guidelines for public land use planning, and that management be on the basis of multiple use and sustained yield unless otherwise specified by law;
- and that the public lands be managed in a manner that will protect the quaility of scientific, science, historical, ecological, environmental, air and atmospheric, water resource, and archaeological values;
- that, where appropriate, will preserve and protect certain public lands in their natural condition;
- that will provide food and habitat for fish and wildlife and domestic animals;
- and that will provide for outdoor recreation and human occupancy and use.
For questions concerning land use planning please contact Planning and Environmental Coordinator, George R. Meckfessel at (760)326-7008.
Bureau of Land Management
Needles Field Office
1303 S. Hwy 95
Needles, CA 92363
Phone: (760) 326-7000
Fax: (760) 326-7099
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., M-F
Contact us by Email