Fire Restrictions: Yes
Effective Wednesday June 11, 2014 for the King Range National Conservation Area.
Under the restrictions:
- Campfires or other open fires, including barbecues and portable stoves, are prohibited except within fire rings or stoves in designated, developed recreation sites or posted campsites. Portable stoves using gas, jellied petroleum or pressurized liquid fuel may be used outside of these areas with a valid California campfire permit. Campfire permits are included in the King Range backcountry permit, and are available for free at the King Range Project Office, BLM Arcata Field Office, or any trailhead.
- Use of steel jacketed, tracer and armor piercing or exploding ammunition is prohibited.
- Tools powered by gasoline engines may not be used off of established roads and trails. Chainsaws with functional spark arresters may be used in accordance with the specifications on wood cutting permits.
- Motor vehicles must remain on established roads and trails.
- Smoking is prohibited, except within enclosed vehicles or in developed recreation sites.
- No fireworks, including "safe and sane" devices.
For more information: King Range Project Office at 707-986-5400.