Upcoming Events at Headwaters
|There are not currently any special events planned at Headwaters. Thanks to everyone who made the 2013 Headwaters summer lecture series a major success! Check back in the Spring of 2014 for a new series of summer events at Headwaters.|
Check out Outdoors Cool! for all the fun recreation opportunities within the redwood region of California.
Suggestions of Things to Do at Headwaters
- Hike the first 3 miles of the Elk River Trail with your dog. Your dog must be under voice control at all times, or on a leash. Please pick up after your pet!
- Bike the first 3 miles of the Elk River Trail and then hike the last 2 miles of trail to the old-growth loop.
- Folks with accessibility challenges and visitors with strollers can appreciate the first mile of the Elk River Trail that is paved and ADA accessible.
- Take your time along the first mile of paved trail and learn about natural and cultural history by reading the interpretive signs along the trail.
- Take your kids on a quest and learn about the secrets of where woodrats sleep and Falk's past. Find a treasure at the final stop.
- Bring your lunch and picnic at one of 2 tables along the interpretive trail.
- Stop by the Headwaters Education Center 0.6 miles up the Elk River Trail. Note that the Education Center has limited hours.
- Reserve a spot on a guided tour of the Salmon Pass Trail, where you'll see an old-growth redwood forest. Please call (707) 825-2300, to make your reservation.
Bureau of Land Management
Arcata Field Office
1695 Heindon Road
Arcata, CA 95521-4573
Phone: (707) 825-2300
Fax: (707) 825-2301
Office Hours: 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., M-F
Contact us by email at Headwaters@blm.gov