A publication of Bureau of Land Management in California
Issue 220 - 2/28/06
WEEK IN NEWS.BYTES:
- Spotlight on partners: California Dept. of Boating and Waterways
- Headlines and highlights
- Not for educators only:
- Wildlife trivia question of the week: Quail bet?
- Special Status plant of the week
- Meet your advisory council members: Gerald Nordstrom
- Profile: Judy Frye
ON PARTNERS: California Department of Boating and Waterways
HEADLINES AND HIGHLIGHTS
"Hearings on Old
Spanish National Historic Trail begin" (USAToday Travel
in Farmington, N.M. Daily Times, 2/27/06)
"Feds seize Buddha
heads" (Grass Valley Union, 2/24/06)
"Wild horses and
burros available for adoption in Turlock" (BLM California
news release, 2/24/06)
Stewardship Committee meets March 15-16 in Cedarville" (BLM
California news release, 2/23/06)
"Bike park faces permit
hurdle" (Redding Record Searchlight, 2/28/060
"City Council OKs plan
to court COD" (Palms Springs Desert Sun, 2/23/06)
"BLM seeks help with
OHV book" (Mojave Daily News, 2/27/06)
openings - BLM California" (USAJOBS website)
TRIVIA QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Quail bet?
STATUS PLANT OF THE WEEK:
"Utility and its critics
debate need for Sunrise" (North County Times, 2/25/06)
"Oil firm withdraws
plan for Carrizo" (San Luis Obispo Tribune, 2/25/06)
"Carrizo Plain National Monument" (BLM California, Bakersfield
Field Office website)
prompts downsize in Gerlach energy plant" (Reno Gazette-Journal,
field trip: "POWERful Choices"
YOUR ADVISORY COUNCIL MEMBERS: Gerald Nordstrom...
quail Callipepla gambelii" (U.S. Geological
Survey, Patuxent Wildlife Research Center website)
- If your e-mail program does not allow you to click on the above links to visit that Web page, copy and paste the URL into your browser's "Location" or "Address" bar.
- Some publications remove news stories from the Web soon after publication. If you plan to keep a story, you should print a copy or save the Web page to your computer.
DISCLAIMER: By linking to Web sites, the BLM does not imply endorsement of those sites, or of products or advertisements on those sites.
News.bytes published by
Bureau of Land Management
California State Office
2800 Cottage Way, Suite W-1834
Sacramento, Ca 95825
We appreciate feedback. Send comments to the News.bytes team at:
To subscribe to News.bytes, send an e-mail to:
mailto:Join-Newsbytes@List.ca.blm.gov OR visit our News.bytes subscription page at: http://www.ca.blm.gov/caso/getnewsbytes.html.