A publication of Bureau of Land Management in California
Issue 211 - 12/20/05
- Energy/alternative energy
- including employee profile: Claude Kirby
- Meet your advisory council members: Terry Williams
- Headlines and highlights: Off-road controversy, Carrizo controversy, gravel controversy, habitat, BLM California jobs, more
- Not for educators only:
- Wildlife trivia question of the week: Batfood
- Special Status plant of the week
- National and/or Department of the Interior items: Mining law
News.bytes next week. News.bytes will not be
issued next week. We plan to return the week of January 2, 2006
Norton announces major step forward in promoting wind energy production
on public lands" (Department of the Interior news release,
PROFILE: Claude Kirby...
files to build line from Imperial Valley to S.D." (San Diego
"SDG&E files Sunrise Powerlink application" (North
County Times, 12/16/05)
"An early Christmas present for Julian?" (San Diego
"Jacob opposes high-voltage line through Julian and Ramona"
(North County Times, 12/14/05)
"Report to Congress: Corridors and rights-of-way on federal lands"
(Department of Energy website)
YOUR ADVISORY COUNCIL MEMBERS: Terry
HEADLINES AND HIGHLIGHTS
groups call for end of OHV commission" (Barstow Desert Dispatch,
more analysis for Carrizo Plain" (San Luis Obispo Tribune, 12/20/05)
a city come to Shavers Valley?" (Palm Springs Desert Sun,
job openings - BLM California" (USAJOBS website)
herb lucky to be on protected lands" (Riverside Press-Enterprise,
"Endangered plant habitat denied" (Palm Springs Desert
"Wildlife-plan final draft available" (Riverside Press-Enterprise,
sues Santa Clarita" (Los Angeles Daily News, 12/15/05)
help with Rita relief efforts" (Lassen County News,
"BLM Interagency Hotshot crew history" (BLM national
TRIVIA QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Batfood
STATUS PLANT OF THE WEEK:
Rawhide Hill Onion
NATIONAL AND/OR DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR ITEMS
to mining law put on hold" (Los Angeles Times, 12/14/05)
"Public mining lands won't go on market" (Riverside
brasiliensis (Brazilian free-tailed bat)" (University of
Michigan Museum of Zoology website)
- If your e-mail program does not allow you to click on the above links to visit that Web page, copy and paste the URL into your browser's "Location" or "Address" bar.
- Some publications remove news stories from the Web soon after publication. If you plan to keep a story, you should print a copy or save the Web page to your computer.
DISCLAIMER: By linking to Web sites, the BLM does not imply endorsement of those sites, or of products or advertisements on those sites.
News.bytes published by
Bureau of Land Management
California State Office
2800 Cottage Way, Suite W-1834
Sacramento, Ca 95825
We appreciate feedback. Send comments to the News.bytes team at:
To subscribe to News.bytes, send an e-mail to:
mailto:Join-Newsbytes@List.ca.blm.gov OR visit our News.bytes subscription page at: http://www.ca.blm.gov/caso/getnewsbytes.html.