A publication of Bureau of Land Management in California
Issue 210 - 12/13/05
- Not for educators only:
- Wildlife trivia question of the week: Shrewd shrew?
- Special Status Plant of the week
- Meet your advisory council members: William Radtkey
- Employee profile: Jorge Cervantes
- Headlines and highlights: Corral closure, BLM California jobs, more
group sues over status of Sierra bighorn sheep" (Associated
Press at CourtTV.com, 12/9/05)
"Fish and Wildlife
Service reinstates proposal to protect desert reptile" (U.S.
Fish & Wildlife Service news release, 12/7/05)
"BLM approves Flat-tailed horned lizard rangewide management strategy"
(BLM California news release, 2/25/05)
species imperiled" (San Luis Obispo Tribune, 12/7/05)
"Carrizo Plain National Monument - Biological resources"
(BLM California website)
"Squirrels get a lot
of attention: Animal continues to be center of local debates"
(Ridgecrest Daily Independent, 12/9/05)
TRIVIA QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Shrewd shrew?
SPECIAL STATUS PLANT OF THE WEEK: Silverleaf milk-vetch
"BLM hosts 4th annual seminar for federal oil and gas operators" (News.bytes brief)
"On the border" (San Francisco Chronicle, 12/10/05)
YOUR ADVISORY COUNCIL MEMBERS: William Radtkey...
PROFILE: Jorge Cervantes...
HEADLINES AND HIGHLIGHTS
"BLM wild horse
and burro corrals temporarily closed" (BLM California news
"Deaths put a halt to wild-horse adoptions"
(Sacramento Bee, 12/13/05)
development fears" (Palm Springs Desert Sun, 12/11/05)
"Santa Rosa San Jacinto Mountains National Monument"
(BLM California website)
desert area closures" (Riverside Press-Enterprise, 12/7/05)
"Imperial Sand Dunes" (BLM California website)
"Current job openings
- BLM California" (USAJOBS website)
WILDLIFE TRIVIA answer
"Pacific Shrew (Sorex pacificus)" (Clark Science Center,
Smith College website)
- If your e-mail program does not allow you to click on the above links to visit that Web page, copy and paste the URL into your browser's
"Location" or "Address" bar.
- Some publications remove news stories from the Web soon after publication. If you plan to keep a story, you should print a copy or save the Web page to your computer.
DISCLAIMER: By linking to Web sites, the BLM does not imply endorsement of those sites, or of products or advertisements on those sites.
News.bytes published by
Bureau of Land Management
California State Office
2800 Cottage Way, Suite W-1834
Sacramento, Ca 95825
We appreciate feedback. Send comments to the News.bytes team at:
To subscribe to News.bytes, send an e-mail to:
mailto:Join-Newsbytes@List.ca.blm.gov OR visit our News.bytes subscription page at: http://www.ca.blm.gov/caso/getnewsbytes.html.