3. A group of people does not pool their yearly allotment to collect a piece larger than 250 pounds of either rockhounding specimens or petrified wood.
4. Collection does not occur in developed recreation sites or areas, unless designated as a rockhounding area by BLM.
5. Collection is not prohibited or restricted and posted.
6. Collection, excavation or removal are not aided with motorized or mechanical devices, including heavy equipment or explosives. Metal detectors are acceptable, with the exception of the San Pedro National Conservation Area.
7. No undue or unnecessary degradation of the public lands occurs during the removal of rock, minerals, or gemstones.
8. For pieces of petrified wood heavier than 250 pounds or situation not covered here, please contact your local BLM office.
9. If you wish to obtain more than 250 lbs. of rock in a year, please visit the local BLM office to arrange to purchase it.