Welcome to the exciting and challenging world of renewable energy in Arizona.
This is intended to be a library at your fingertips; a first-stop in your search for information about solar, wind, water and other energy issues critical to Arizonans.
This site is a work in progress. Comments on the content, including suggestions on other non-commercial sites that ought to be linked here, can be sent to:
BLM Arizona Office of Communications
Statewide Arizona Resources
Salt River Project (SRP) -- Power Generation Sources page
- Explains how SRP's energy is produced and identifies where its generating stations are located. SRP provides electricity to about 934,000 customers in Arizona.
Arizona Public Service (APS)
- Power Plants page --Explains how APS gets its energy and where its generating facilities are in Arizona. website that explains how its energy is produced and where its generating stations are located. APS provides electricity to 1.1 million customers in 11 of 15 Arizona counties.
- Renewable Energy page -- Map and description of the APS renewable projects.
Arizona Commerce Authority
Arizona Corporation Commission -- Home page. The ACC regulates service and service rates charged by public service utilities.
- ACC Solar page -- Learn about incentives from utilities, the State and Federal governments. Use the Solar Map to see what is happening in your neighborhood.
Arizona Governor's Renewable Energy Summit presentations.
- The BLM participated in the April 15, 2010, summit, which was designed to give an update on public and private efforts in the pursuit of renewable energy in Arizona.
Tucson Electric Power Green Energy.
- Highlights renewable and conservation programs. Helps calculate "How Green Are You?" Lists services.
Arizona solar-related links
- Many links related to state, national and international solar initiatives.
Renewable energy sites
- Multiple places to get information on renewable energy.
Dry Lake Wind Power Project
Database of state incentives for renewables and efficiency - Arizona
National Renewable Energy Laboratory website that explains about different types of renewable energy
National Renewable Energy Lab home page
U.S. Dept. of Energy's National Renewable Energy Laboratory Arizona page. A clearinghouse on resources and information on energy in Arizona. Links to similar information for other states
U.S. Energy Information Administration Arizona page. Map showing where the energy generating stations are located in the state. Wide array of other information connected to energy in Arizona
Educational Resource for teachers and students
Informational document that explains how water costs are calculated for electricity generation
U.S. Government National Atlas energy pages
Western Area Power Authority (WAPA). Federal agency with responsibility for energy transmission