Visitors to Paria Canyon who may be uncomfortable in a wilderness situation should consider hiring a guide. Hiring a guide can take much of the stress out of planning a wilderness trip. Guides know all the backcountry tricks.
There are no commercial permits set aside for guiding companies, so hiring a guide is the responsibility of the individual. The guides and outfitters listed below are approved to guide individuals and groups in Paria Canyon.
How to Hire a Guide
You do not need to hire your guide in advance, although it may be wise to inquire if they are available on the dates you wish. Guides do not count against the group total. For instance, if you have a permit for a group of four, you can then hire your guide, which would bring your group size up to five. Because the guide is authorized by the BLM, your permit for four is still valid.
- Zion Adventure Company - Kim Molyneux, 36 Lion Blvd. Springdale, UT 84767, (435) 772-1001
- Dreamland Safari Tours - Will James or Meghann Kent, 265 North 300 West, Kanab, UT 84741 (435) 644-5506
Circle Tours - Kyle Walker, PO Box 3681, Page, AZ 86040, (928) 691-0166
- Four Seasons - Brian Treacy, 1051 S Milton, Suite F, Flagstaff, AZ 86001, (928) 525-1552
- Just Roughin' It Adventures - Ray & Debbie Hendricks, 2040 S. Alma School Road, Suite 1 PMB 424, Chandler, AZ 85286, (480) 857-2477
- Paria Outpost - Susan and Stephen Dodson, PO Box 410075, Big Water, UT 84741, (928) 691-1047-Shuttles
- Red Mountain Spa - John Ellis, 1275 East Red Mountain Circle, Ivins, UT 84738, (435) 652-5712
- Sol Journeys - Jill Hewins,1241 Timber Pt. N., Prescott, AZ 86303, (520) 275-4759
- Slickrock Adventure Photo Tours - Terry Alderman, 19 West Center Street, Kanab, Utah 84741, (928) 284-2457
- Alaska Mountain Guides & Climbing School - Eli Fierer, P.O. Box 8011, Alta, UT 84092, (801) 742-0100 or (907) 766-3366
- Grand Staircase Discovery Tours - Page, AZ - (928) 614-4099 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kanab Tour Company - Cory & Tiffany Unsworth, 176 S 100 E #1, Kanab, UT 84741,
435-644-5525, email: Kanabtourcompany@gmail.com
- Arizona Hiking Adventures - John Dzurka, (480) 650-2592, P.O. Box 19492,Fountain Hills, AZ 85269 arizonahikingadventures.com
- Lake Powell Company - Claron Alldredge, Jr, (801) 618-5219,PO Box 4917, Page, AZ 86040
Note: If you are unable to access the "Obtain" link above, please check your security settings.
Click "Tools" on the menu bar, then click "internet options", the "advanced" tab, scroll down to the Security Section and check the box "Use TLS 1.0." Click "OK" and try to access it again.