Visitors to Coyote Buttes who may be uncomfortable in a wilderness situation should consider hiring a guide. Hiring a guide can take much of the stress out of planning a wilderness trip. Guides know all the backcountry tricks.
There are no commercial permits set aside for guiding companies, so hiring a guide and obtaining permits are the responsibility of the individual. The guides and outfitters listed below are approved to guide individuals and groups in Coyote Buttes.
How to Hire a Guide
You do not need to hire your guide in advance, although it may be wise to inquire if they are available on the dates you wish. Guides do not count against the group total. For instance, if you have a permit for a group of four, you can then hire your guide, which would bring your group size up to five. Because the guide is authorized by the BLM, your permit for four is still valid.
- Dreamland Safari Tours -Will James or Meghann Kent, 265 North 300 West, Kanab, UT 84741 (435) 644-5506
- Four Seasons - Brian Treacy, 1051 S Milton, Suite F, Flagstaff, AZ 86001, (928) 525-1552
- Just Roughin' It Adventures - Ray & Debbie Hendricks, 2040 S. Alma School Road, Suite 1 PMB 424, Chandler, AZ 85286, (480) 857-2477
- National Park Tourz - Tyler Cornell, PO Box 334, Kanab, UT 84741, (866) 433-8492
- Paria Outpost - Susan and Stephen Dodson, PO Box 410075, Big Water, UT 84741, (928) 691-1047-Shuttles
- Circle Tours - Kyle Walker, PO Box 3681, Page, AZ 86040, (928) 691-0166