Iditarod Ceremonial Start Viewing
Join us at the BLM Campbell Tract to enjoy the Ceremonial Start of the 42nd Iditarod Sled Dog Race!
Saturday, March 7, 2015
10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Race viewing at the BLM Campbell Tract
10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Exhibits, activities, hot cocoa & more at the Science Center
BLM Campbell Tract Facility, Anchorage
(off 68th Avenue & Elmore Road)
NEW! Ceremonial Start visitor brochure with parking map and bus routes!
The first mushers and dogsled teams leave downtown Anchorage at 10 a.m. and take approximately 45 minutes to reach the Campbell Tract.
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you enjoy the Iditarod Sled Dog Race Ceremonial Start:
- Parking is available at the BLM office building, Kasuun Elementary and Abbott Loop Community Park. No parking on Science Center Road or at the Science Center.
- Free shuttle buses are available between parking lots and race viewing areas.
- For your safety and the safety of sled dogs, please stay on designated viewing trails.
- Please leave the family dog home on this day to avoid conflicts with sled dogs.
- The Science Center will be open. Come in to warm up, enjoy refreshments, use the restrooms, and mingle with other Iditarod fans. Be sure to check out the Iditarod National Historic Trail exhibits and activities inside the center.
For more information about viewing the Iditarod Sled Dog Race Ceremonial Start at the BLM Campbell Tract, contact the Science Center at 267-1247.
Enjoy your visit to BLM-Alaska public lands!