BLM Alaska Minerals Program
The BLM Alaska minerals program has responsibilities and adjudicative duties associated with federal mining claims, mineral surveys and patents, validation of title evidence, review of mineral validity reports, service of federal minerals contest actions, guidance for surface use management and use and occupancy under the mining laws; processing mineral lease applications, mineral materials, solid minerals prospecting permits, bonding documentation, and oil and gas reinstatement actions; coordinating oil and gas lease sales; and preparation and service of decisions, notices and other legal documents.
Guidance for Placer Mining on BLM Managed Lands and Using the State of Alaska’s Annual Placer Mining Application (APMA)
NOTICE: BEGINNING OCTOBER 1, 2013 THE NOTICE OF LOCATION FEES FOR NEW MINING CLAIMS WILL BE INCREASED FROM $15 TO $20. THE BLM WILL NOT PROCESS NEW CLAIMS UNLESS THE FULL AMOUNT TOTALLING $194 PER 20 ACRE PLACER OR LODE CLAIM IS RECEIVED.
Mining Claim Information:
- Investigate That Claim Before You Buy!
- Claim Adjudication
- Locatable Minerals
- Locatable Minerals "Discovery" of a Valuable Mineral Deposit
- Mining Claim Fee Requirements
- Maintenance Fee Payment Form for Lode Claims, Mill Sites, and Tunnel Sites
- Maintenance Fee Payment Form for Placer Claims
- Maintenance Fee Waiver Form
- Affidavit of Annual Assessment Work Form
- Mining operations, Financial Guarantees, (bonding) under 43 CFR 3809
- Mining Claim Terms and Definitions
- Mining on Public Lands in Alaska
- Mineral Patents
- BLM Fact Sheet - Maintenance and Location Fee Requirements
- Occupancy Regulations
- Mining Claim Brochure
- Acquisition of Mining Claims Under a Maintenance Fee Waiver