Historic Postcards of Fort Egbert
|This view of "Officers Row" at Fort Egbert was taken near what is today the intersection of C Street and 3rd Avenue in Eagle. None of the officers' quarters or other buildings seen in this photo remain at the site, which now serves as an airstrip.|
|At its largest extent in 1911, the fort contained 45 buildings, only five of which remain standing today. One of those five buildings, the mule barn, can be seen in this photo as the very long building just left of center. The three NCO quarters, one of which still exists at the site today, can be seen in a row at the extreme left of the photo.|
These images are courtesy of Candy Waugaman of Fairbanks.
Back to History of Fort Egbert>>