Unit 13 Subsistence Harvest seasons:
Moose: August 1 - September 20.
Caribou: August 1 - September 30 and
October 21 - March 31.
PLEASE NOTE: You can NO LONGER obtain a Federal subsistence hunting permit for GMU 13 from the BLM Fairbanks District Office.
Federal Subsistence permits are available to eligibile applicants during regular business or specified hours at the following locations:
- Glennallen Field Office at mile 186.5 Glenn Highway, Glennallen beginning July 15
- National Park Service Offices at:
•Slana Ranger Station
- Delta Junction Career Advancement Center July 11 & 12, 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. and July 13, 7:30 a.m. - noon only.
All applicants must provide the following to be issued a permit:
- Current valid State of Alaska drivers license or photo ID.
- Current valid State of Alaska resident hunting license.
- at least one official document linking you to your physical address, such as:
a. Voter registration card
b. Electric or Utility bill (provided that is lists your physical address)
c. Current rental or lease agreement.
Note: A qualified rural resident may vouch in person for another qualified rural resident. Vehicle registration is no longer accepted as proof of rural residency.
Minor children 16 and younger: Parents or Legal Guardians signature will be required to permit minor children. Children must be present.